FTI (Fiberoptics Technology Incorporated), with manufacturing facilities in Connecticut and Florida, is the largest supplier of custom designed OEM fiber optic components in the United States, maintaining the largest fiber production capacity of any company in North America.
View our capabilities brochure.
Corporate headquarters in Pomfret Connecticut utilize 70,000 square feet of manufacturing space to operate complete fiber drawing, machining and volume production equipment. We handle the most demanding requirements with speed and efficiency, while maintaining a level of quality expected of a sole source supplier. We embrace the philosophy of standard work, lean method, continuous improvement, and 6 sigma control.
FTI offers the following services:
- Fiber drawing (leaded and lead free glass)
- Optical rod drawing (Solid and multi)
- Taper and bent rod Production (Solid and multi)
- Design and manufacture of custom OEM fiber optic components
- Modifications to existing FTI owned standard products
- Repair of all fiber optic manufacturers’ light guides for lighting and data transmission
- (Non telecom) Fiberoptic prototyping and design services
- Contract manufacturing services including electronic assembly and clean room packaging.
24 Hour quoting turn around on typical designs and modifications of existing designs.
In addition to services, FTI also offers the following products:
- Medical cables
- Ring lights
- Optical rods
- Raw fiber
- Spot to line (lightlines)
- Industrial light guides
- Light Sources
- Spectroscopy Light guides
- Commercial Lighting products
Each of these categories has a dedicated section on this site, to provide further detailed information. Please contact us if you don’t find what you’re looking for.